PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thermal limitation ? (MGT, TOT, ITT, T4, T5...)
Old 2nd Aug 2004, 12:15
Spaced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I dont have any experience on twins, Im sure much of this debate can also be applied to singles.
Im still reasonably new to flying so I hope that this post doesnt expose my ignorance to much.
I have been following the posts so far with interest, however I note that most of the discussion has been related to the turbines. However arent most power limits, with a de-rated engine related to transmition limits?
I had been told that you can pull the 5 min limit, lower then pull again, however that didnt sound right to me.
Assuming that you are in a situation where high power is required, transiting in and out of the 5 min limit, due to weight, DA, whatever. Assuming that you are also in a slow speed environment, photo orbits, low level work, ect.... Meaning that your not actually in a "cruise".
Given this kind of scenario is there a correct proceedure for managing high power requirements. Are you just chewing extra time off the aircraft?
While Im not expecting an answer to cover every occasion, a little guidance here would be appreciated.