PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC McAlpine/easyJet/JMC Sponsorship Selection
Old 2nd Aug 2004, 10:58
Vee One...Rotate

Super-Friendly Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remember, of course, to always look at any advice critically. Yes, places like CTC know what they're doing but just because you're told you'd "only" make an average pilot doesn't mean it's definitive. Lot's (maybe the majority) of your aptitude to be a pilot may well be gleaned from pre-training aptitude testing but don't discount hard work and skill built up over time as familiarity grows.

You gain captaincy with experience - captains will tend to be better pilots than the F/O they fly with as they will usually have more experience and exposure...and by "better pilot" I don't mean better with the stick and rudder, I mean more competent all round (flying skill, leadership, situational awareness, decision-making skill, etc.). Remember: the overwhelming majority of pilots flying around now are average pilots...by definition

I'm about to start my PPL then apply for sponsorship myself. If that doesn't work out, the (slightly daunting) prospect of self-funding...

Just my 2p worth.

Best of luck everybody (as long as it's slightly less than mine )

V1R

Hello Louis Euan,

This thread is geared toward CTC's ab-initio cadet scheme - I think you're talking about the ATP scheme for those already with a licence?

Not sure many people here will be able to help. Think there's a few threads dealing with the ATP scheme knocking about though if you run a quick search.

Good luck,

V1R

Last edited by Vee One...Rotate; 2nd Aug 2004 at 11:26.