PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerobatics in a 407 (Incl. video)
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2004, 16:39
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
B Sousa you are correct. When chaps earlier in the thread were stating 'first even civvy chopper looped/rolled'..or words to that effect..I was thinking about the MD500E (from memory) that was looped and rolled on the practice day at an Oz airshow about 25 odd years ago. The Oz CAA guy went ballistic and the MD Factory Test Pilot was absolutely forbidden from performing those manouvers during the airshow.

From memory he didn't roll but did 'loop'...he just tilted the manouver over a little so it wasn't a 'true' loop...probably looked more spectacular as a result. Pissed the CAA guy off but I think nothing happened.

At the same airshow someone else aileron rolled a Lear 35 at low level...think he was in the **** too afterwards.

I'm afraid I have a foot in each camp...been guilty of hijinx in the long past, better behaved these days...aero confined to the sim during recurrent each 6 months. I am completely happy to appreciate a talented pilot doing such manouvering...but to void an aircrafts COA, insurance, warranties etc etc is unforgivable imho.

The 10hrs on type bit gives me the shudders.

Still would love to see the footage

Like I said...a foot in each camp.

Chuck.