PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Museums and Spitfires in the London area
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2004, 20:15
JoeCo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Museums and Spitfires in the London area

Hello Everyone,

We have a trip into the London area this week and will most likely be spending a few days in town. Having heard that there are a few Spitfires that still exist in the area, could any one please help me to locate a field I could visit to see one up close? The Spit has been a passion of mine for years and although I have in fact seen one up close, it was when I was at an age when I did not appreciate what I was looking at. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Another interest would be to visit the RAF museum. I have heard great things about it and figured it would be a great way to spend an afternoon, if not a full day. Unfortunately I have failed to remember the name of the town in whicis it located.

As we will be arriving in Luton and will most likely be staying in the general vacinity, if anyone cares to offer directions, please reference them to Luton. Keep in mind that we will be limited to public transportation.

Should any web sites exist for either of these ideas, could someone perhaps post the links??

Regardless, any pointers will be appreciate and i look forward to any replies.

Cheers,

Joe