PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2004, 16:43
John Purdey

CHINOOK

Ark Royal.
I had not realised that we were trying to weigh your log book against mine, I was merely replying to Yeti's quetion of how much low flying I had done. The answer is, quite a lot. Not that it matters.
Do you, or do you not, fly towards hills covered in cloud/fog/mist (please do not argue this one again) unless you are absolutely certain without any doubt whatsoever that you know precisely where you are.?
Do you believe that this crew knew, without any doubt whatsoever, that they knew where they were, ie heading for solid granite?
If so, then why did they press on?
Best wishes John Purdey.

Uncle Peter.
It really does not matter in the slightest WHY the crew pressed on towards those hills; we shall never know why they did so. What is, however, quite clear, is that the aircraft did fly on towards that high ground. That was the Negligence.
My belief is that the crew did so because they thought they were on track, when they were not.
But it is irrevelant; the crew should not have put themselves into such a hazardous position, against all the rules of airmanship and commonsence. Regards. JohnPurdey.