PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar - The new media Whipping- Boy!!
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2004, 10:57
Blastoid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetstar Virgin!

I have just returned from my first J* experience (and no, I am not a media hound!).

Muchly disappointed with the "free-seataing" policy - I am convinced it brings out the utmost selfishness in people. Lady with Seq. 71 in her hand lined up at the "people travelling with young children stage" and was allowed to board, no questions asked (and she clearly required NO assistance), which only enrages others who watch these selfish people get away with it. And no, the policy is not J*'s fault (they can choose whatever policy they like) but they should ensure compliance to keep the pax happy.

Also amazed at people's apparent stupidity (or is it ignorance?) when boarding - they run to the front of the line, then sit up the front of the plane - for what? To pretend they are in business class? I boarded about no. 20-30 both times and got the emergency row both times ... ahhh the legroom!

Cabin crew professional and courteous - a pleasant change!

Can someone explain the row that is roped off (about row 5 for memory) - is this for cabin crew seating or for some other reason?