PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Bondi Beach Project-spin off thread too!
Old 31st Jul 2004, 12:29
Chris Higgins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Bondi Beach Project-spin off thread too!

Please leave this up just for a couple of days, then you can dump it.

Gaunty

I appreciate your feelings that this is a road already traveled, but one which I think needs to be traveled again in a different vehicle.

You have made references to Australian pride through a personal belief in isolationism. I do not believe that your daughter can fully realize her potential without using NASA, Boeing, Airbus, Dassault or Gulfstream as a means to her ultimate success. None of these are Australian companies yet they are the only chance of furthering her research into any kind of end product.

You have also held onto the belief that as an "Aussie turned Yank", Indiana Jones type (?), without having flown actively in Australia for quite a few years, I have nothing to offer.

I simply cannot have been in two places at once and had I been flying for Qantas over America, it would have given me no opportunity to observe GA operations in this country. This is completely relevant to the problems faced by the GA industry in Australia. In fact, you could argue that my experience in the Hawker is fairly close to light GA, because we operate into so many uncontrolled fields, quite a few are non-radar.

You have my assurances that PPrune will not be used show a policy opinion. It may only be referenced as "a meeting place", of various views from mostly anonymous subscribers.

Everyone else!

Yes, you can bring promotional material with you for your company or organisation, but no booths.

No, you don't need to RSVP. The reason for this, is for the same reason we have PPrune, you can maintain some anonymity.

No, Dick Smith has not and will not be allowed to contribute anything financial to this meeting.

No, I am not receiving remuneration.

No, we won't have free food now, because we don't know how many will be there, so bring a lunch with you.

I might come back to work in Australia some day, but that is not on my agenda for this meeting.

No, I don't represent the company I work for now, nor any association.

I hope to achieve a meeting where some parties who have been adversarial, can shake hands and agree to look beyond their differences and look forward, not backwards.

Any other questions?

[email protected]

Thanks!

Chris

The Bondi Beach Project- A meeting about Australian Airspace

Circular Quay Marriott

August 10, 2004

1000 to 1400

Last edited by Chris Higgins; 31st Jul 2004 at 13:54.