PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eagle Minimums
Thread: Eagle Minimums
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2004, 00:13
kavu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An interview is an interview.

Be prepared and do some study before hand so that you don't look like a D!CK.

1. Look presentable - Suit or not? Doesn't matter I didn't. Look presentable. Shirt and tie - tucked in and looking neat.

Appearance is everything for a start. You don't see shabby pilots do you? Well mostly all of them.

2. Prepare you CV and have current log book and hours up to date. Results of ATPLs (If you have them - doesn't matter if you don't have any, just say you're doing the study for them at the moment)

CV, references, exam results and anything important - get a photocopy for them so that you can leave them a copy.

3. Study. Get the history on Eagle (just an overview), how many pilots, how many planes, where they fly to, GM etc.

The plane you fly, know it. They genreally ask about it. Where you fly etc....

4. Techie questions - if you look through previous threads on Pprune you will find most of the questions for their tech quiz. Not too hard but doo the study.

In the interview if you don't know something say you don't know. Or say I don't know but could give my best guess and the reasons behind it. If you're going to lie to them they will know and just let you talk away until you completely stuff up.

They're not there to trap you but they will let you dig yourself a hole if you want.

Have a good couple of questions for them. Good questions. Interesting questions that they themselves have to think over.

ie. "You guys have obviously been in the same place I am right now getting interviewed, how did you react to the questions?"

or

"What are Eagle looking for in an interview, what sort of pilot do you want?"

Hard to point questions but not over the top and certainly ones to make them think. Worker for a friend of mine.

4. Equiette (sp?) Don't lie, don't be an arse, don't be too pushy. Sure you want to sell yourself but coming across as a used car sales man, wouldn't do the trick.

Smile and keep eye contact. If nervous a few deep breaths, drink a little of the water. Don't gulp it down. Say to them "Look I'm a bit nervous at the moment sitting in the hot seat but I hope you understand"

When answering their questions look them in the eye and talk to both of them. Don't fixate on one person.

At the end shake their hands and thank them for their time.

If and when you find out send a followup note to thank them. Successful or not this leaves a good impression with them. Spell check it.

I should really spell check this response

As regards times. It would be great to see people coming in with 1000TT and 500 multi but in reality at the moment. 100 multi and 500-800TT. Not too sure if this is realistic or not but show them you're keen.

Eagle is the start on a busy career. From Eagle you can go places. Whether it be 1 year to 5 years with Eagle look upon it as a learning experience for greater things.

Take away the things you want from this response. Don't dwell on the negative sides with the company. All companys have negative sides to them. All have good sides to them also.

Eagle salary is not the greatest but it is a company that can lead you onto other better companies.

Sectre Fidem.