PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MyTravel Redundancies
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2004, 21:45
gashcan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have heard that MYT management have commenced discussion with the CC, apparently on a reasonably amicable basis, which at least augers well (or less badly!)

As mentioned earlier, it may be that a significant number of voluntary redundancies could be taken up...if the package is good enough. I know that if they offered me a bunch of money, I'd seriously think about leaving - (I'm senior enough on the 'bus fleet probably not to be affected by LIFO) - and That stands good for a large number of other pilots I've spoken with as well. It may well be in the company's interest to offload some of the more senior and expensive pilots. Maybe that could be used to mutual advantage? Or maybe not.

Also, there is a queue of people waiting for their turn to come up at EZ, Virgin et al, (ranging from captains to cadets) which would again help to lessen the number of compusory redundancies. The question they must ask themselves is do they go or hang around in the hope of a severance payment?
(Is there a point of law there?)

The good thing is that there are at least jobs out there, (albeit maybe not such good ones), and with the help of BALPA, IPA and the like, folk should not be unemployed for too long.

What we have got to do is support each other as much as we can - that is not helped by some of the crass comments that have been posted on this thread,

So thanks to all who have supported us and could all the doom merchants please refrain from being so destructive with their comments?

See ya around the bazaars - gash

Last edited by gashcan; 30th Jul 2004 at 22:18.