PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew life. still worth it? salary & benefits ; career progression?
Old 30th Jul 2004, 20:59
STOTTY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emirates life

Having finished my degree, wanted to travel but no money so hence the cabin crew job. Got a job with Emirates-love it, have saved hard and spent a lot, bought a car, live in rent free accommodation, paid transport to and from airport and generally am having a great time. Promotion is quick and easy if you want it. Apart from food while off duty and phone calls home all other expenses paid. I have good trips world wide but layovers are short-UK just one night, Singapore 2 and only hours in Australia. Having said all that, time off is great, beaches, night clubs, swimming, sun, sun and more sun and loads of friends. Do miss some aspects of England and at one time considered moving back but to what?? The job doesn't stretch the brain-I agree some passengers think we are thick as.... but there's no stress and no taking the job home with you-when you are off duty you party!!! I know eventually I'll leave but right now it's a fantastic life.