PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Early Departure Payments (EDP) vs Immediate Pension (IP)
Old 30th Jul 2004, 19:00
Capacity_Saturated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Early Departure Payments (EDP) vs Immediate Pension (IP)

This matter is confusing me and I would appreciate it if any of you would be able to clarify this issue for me...

I had heard nothing about the changes to the pensions scheme until reading about it in the 'Would you encourage your child to join' thread.

As a GD(P) bursar in the UAS system some of the major perks of the career I am letting myself into were the job security and the good pension set-up...

...or at least, that was until this week!

Now, assuming that I will be able to actually get myself into an operational job in a cockpit, the pension system seems set to change aswell.

Can anyone explain to me a couple of the following points...

1) As someone who has signed up to a permanent commission, but not entering the service until there is actually a space on an IOT course after my uni graduation in Summer 2005 (ie. after the pension change date of 1st April 2005), will I (or have I already) got in on time to catch the old pension scheme?
and...

2) Is this new scheme outright sub-standard to the old pension scheme in all cases or are the bad rumours I'm hearing limited to particular cases?

Thanks to anyone who can clear up either of these points to me...

...The career I have been working hard for, and looking forward to, since my earliest memories is suddenly starting to look far less appealing. All I can say is the job damn well better be exciting!

CS