PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC survey - UK
Thread: ATC survey - UK
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2004, 08:29
Mr Chips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've read through this thread from start to finish, and I have one eyebrow raised, questioningly...

Ianblack, you keep reffewrring to this mysterious survey, and yet ATCOs from all over the UK have told you that they have never heard of it. I have never heard of it (not an ATCO, but ATC Training). maybe, just maybe, it doesn't exist

You have been asked why you want this information. You don't reply. You have been asked who you are working for. You get all evasive. I would suggest that if you wish to continue your career as a professional researcher, you develop better ways of interacting with people!

Is there stress in ATC? yes. Just like there is in any profession. When I was 18, just before joining NATS, I was a breakfast waiter at an airport hotel - you should have seen the stress we were working under!

Early retirement? Your employer offers to give you loads of money to go away from work, see the world, dig your garden, whatever you want to do.. and you wonder why people are queueing up for it?

Mr Chips
Quite relaxed today, thank you for asking.....