PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI baby in major Birmingham expansion
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2004, 07:03
egnxema

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those that have been associated with EMA for some time will be well aware of BMA, British Midland, bmi and bmibaby's arrogant approach to "their" airport, maybe it is because Donington Hall is so close, or Sir Michael's house is not far away, but the airline has always seemed to claim posession of EMA, have shouted when they have not got their own way - but never done much very pro active to grow the airport.

If they want it so much maybe Si Michael could have bought it on either of the 2 occassions in the past when it has been up for sale.

If Simon's take on the situation is true then it just shows that baby don't believe they are big enough to play with the big boys, that they would rather throw their dummy out of the pram, or take their ball elsewhere shouting "Ner ner ne ner ner!"

If it bothers anyone, the airline I flew for were going to make BHX into the biggest superhub in the world - ever, but got upset when they spotted another aircraft on approach. But as it makes not one bit of difference what we "were" going to do I guess everyone cares about it as little as I do.