PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta A109
Thread: Agusta A109
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2004, 03:45
gadgetguru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
may i ask something from left field, i am only a student, so don't laugh too hard.

has there ever been a concerted effort to design a purpose built EMS helo?

granted the helo is destined to be multi-functional aircraft , but has anyone, as an entity (EMS pilots & crew in particular) sat down & collectively said "this is what we need/require from the aircraft", then passed that to any/all helo manufacturers.

I can appreciate the process that an organisation must have to go through in its search for the next replacement A/C to replace an aging unit(s)

why isn't there a machine that specifically meets the needs of the EMS community outright, is it such a difficult solution that no one machine could be designed, by a prudent manufacturer, to accomplish such an obviously high demand role. Surely EMS would have to be the 2nd biggest market to the obvious military troop movers?

similiar to the A-10 i suppose, the purpose was they found the gun they wanted to out-range the ZSU-23-4, then made it fly.

in this case we obviously need an ambulance

how many times have you heard a woman say: "this kitchen must have been designed by a man".

& i suppose more pertinantly if it hasn't already been done - why not, & if it has, did they (A/C manuf.) listen?

just a thought (from the outside looking in).