PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NTSB Panel Renews Call for Cameras in Cockpits
Old 29th Jul 2004, 21:24
onthebuses

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daysleeper sums it up..

Blow one of the ECU's on a Dennis Dart and so what?, worst case you will loose gears or something and grind to a hault at the side of the road. Not quite sure how they managed to pay for it on the railway though, I think they still get a full day and they often have spies out there downloading all manner of data including CCTV with a laptop from the back cab, takes a couple of minutes by all account.. Probably why these poxy new trains never work.

As I said before we are all now watched by big bro, I live in Surrey, the CCTV salesmans dream, it's not all bad, I felt much safer on a friday night when I was driving a bus with CCTV, however, it's open to abuse by the employer, and there is rumour that Transport for London have/ or are developing the ability to veiw any bus CCTV from their base in 55 Broadway..
Even more chewing gum sales......

CCTV in the F/D surely has no value, now in the cabin only would be a better idea, we all know how pleasant the travelling public can be don't we?

OTB