PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MyTravel Redundancies
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2004, 14:44
Big Tudor
Alba Gu Brath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JS

I understand know. Sorry, having a thick day. The prospect of being made redundant doesn't make for rational thought sometimes!
I guess, as a business decision, it is fairly sound though. No point planning aircraft to fly until end of summer if there ain't nobody to fly 'em. Having said that, I would imagine the company would avoid forcing guys to work their 3 months if they had a firm job to go to. Would be seen as being fairly petty.

Nor sure I agree with the doom and gloom about the future. It is well documented that there is an over capacity in the UK IT charter market. MYT have done their bit to remove some of that over-capacity and have, in the process, slimmed the business down to meet the reaslitic booking levels. As more and more people choose to make their own holiday plans, perhaps the pain that MYT is currently going through will also have to be experienced by other IT package suppliers. Perhaps there is a glimmer of hope on the horizon for MYT after all. (there is no icon for praying but you get my drift)