PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MyTravel Redundancies
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2004, 14:28
John Smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Tudor & PP,
Ref the notice period, my point is;

If you were told that your fleet was being dispanded and there were job cuts, wouldn't start looking for other work. By MyT only announcing the reduction with 3 months left they know that the pilots can't resign earlier and the company is left with no pilots to fly their planes .... but then again, isn't that already happening!!

Wheelbarrow.

My thought ... the banks will continue to make what they can by slowly selling anything of value till the company slowly disappears into the history books. As it is they take 15% of all sold assets as a "sweetner" for not pulling the plug earlier.
Why didn't they close it down earlier , maybe because they are underwriting the leases on MyT overpriced aircraft, that were signed by MyT managers, some of who were on the board of the lease companies. And they also know that no-one else wants 330's with downstairs toilets!!

As for the Golden Nugget 'MyTravellite' in BHX, now up against BmiBaby, I see they are going back to the routes they pulled out of before cos they couldn't make money on them... who is making the decsions, maybe they change as often as the company financial directors!!! So how long will they MyT continue to undercharge MyL for the aircraft so it can be seen to be making good?

IMHO ... of course.

As I said before, good luck to those concerned and will the last person please switch out the lights ... if they havn't been cut off for non-payment!

Time will tell, but midnight fast approaches!