PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trainfare to LHR (from CVT)
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2004, 00:48
Flightmapping

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re-Heat, National Rail Enquiries announced last year that they were outsourcing 50% of calls to India (IIRC). Judging by the accents and info given, I would say my calls this morning were answered in India, and this evening were answered in Scotland.

Either way, they got it wrong many times:

I had to pester them to find out about the fare to LHR using the Heathrow Express. You can get a return from Coventry on this route - cost £57 for a saver - I think slightly more than buying the tickets seperately.

They said the bus from Watford to Heathrow ran hourly, took 55 minutes, and cost £7.20. Actually, it runs every half hour, takes about 30 minsm and costs £4.

They told me there were no trains home to Coventry tonight after 10:30. Fortunately I didn't believe them and turned up at Euston to find that the 22:50 back to Coventry was stopping at Rugby for a bus, even though this wasn't displayed on the departures board.

For a government which loves to talk about an integrated transport network, trying to work out connections between train & plane remains a major pain!