PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair faces inquiry as toilets on aircraft were used as seats
Old 28th Jul 2004, 19:07
JW411

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Let me say right away that I would not under any circumstance (excepting an emergency war evacuation circumstance) agree to carrying anyone in anything but a proper seat.

I keep trying to figure out why this very experienced captain agreed to such a bizarre request. After all, if the two cabin staff involved had not got on the aircraft, the world would still have been there in the morning. The only result would have been that they would have had to spend some more money.

As it was, the captain ended up resigning and since the two ladies, who were not locked in the lavatories, refused to resign and they lost their jobs anyway.

What was the special pressure that persuaded this captain to throw common sense out of the window? Was there perhaps a deeper personal consideration that has as yet not been revealed that finally influenced his judgement?

I find the whole afair very sad but it would be interesting to get to the bottom of why he went along with the idea.