PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ops job could be the answer
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2004, 14:42
Harvester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ops job could be the answer

Guys and Gals.

Just a quick note to all those low hour pilots looking for a way in to the industry.

I got all my qualifications at the end of August 2002 and inititially did pretty poor jobs (the usual bar work etc) to keep myself free and flexible while I slammed out CV'S. After realising this was getting me nowhere I got a job as an ops officer for a smallish airline based near Gatwick. Bad sides are the hours and the work in general sorting out everyone elses problems but the bonuses are you get reasonably well paid, you will generally be on a 4 on 4 off roster, you learn an enourmous amount about the aviation industry and most importantly you are talking to all the right people. It's also good experience to put on a CV and to answer all the difficult responsibility type questions in long winded app. forms. As long as you perform well and don't balls things up too badly I reckon this route is an excellent way into the right hand seat although I know if you've been looking for a while a year spent in ops may not be an option.

Hope this advice helps for anyone toying with ideas at the moment. I have just stuck in there and things seem to finally be looking on the up for my flying career start.

Cheers

Harvester