PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Single Engine ops - pc12
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2004, 10:50
spider123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I'm lucky enough to Captain a PCXII, FAA part 91, based Southern England. It's undoubtedly a good aircraft, the best part is the overall reliability we've experienced. I have no quarms about operating over mountainous terrain or at night, and there is nothing to compare with this aircraft's operating costs/payload/cabin size with a decent toilet! We have very occasional requirements for a "first officer", perhaps more accurately a "good safety pilot who can also make coffee as well". It's not loggable, but if anyones interested please send me a PM back, giving some details of your licence details, flying experience (min PPL/200 hrs), general availability, location and a contact number. We'll pay limited expenses (i.e. lunch and a airfare transport home if it's one way). So if you interested please send a quick PM (don't call and don't send CV's as there's no permanent job!). Please don't chase me, as we've only got one spare front seat and that's only occasional!

P.S. This PCXII would be ideal for Charter should the CAA ever have the sense to back out of the corner they are in, and relax their restrictions on single engine operations for Charter. I am convinced that their position is not actualy safety related, but legal, based on the premise that if they do permit Single Engine Charter IFR, and there is an accident in the future, that they would become partially liable for claims. Very hard for them to undue legislation!