PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane missing, six feared dead
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2004, 10:08
Ramjager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think TNP was the only remaining CheyenneII in the country at the moment.
All the other Cheyenne's are the III which are an entirely diffent aircraft in every respect.
The II is an absolute blast to fly with awesome take off performance but handling which is terrible close down to the ground.
Its unstable in every respect with poor visibility and having flown around Victoria for fair time a bad WX day in the II is not a good place to be.
On instruments the aircraft is a untrustworth devil of a thing with a habit of meandering away at the slightest twitch.
Great fun on a cavok day but if the wx is bad or its in the dark,no thanks.
Having a fair bit of flying in the II and III no two aircraft could be further apart.
Lufthansa still use the III for pre jet training and it is a superb piece of kit.
Stable as,great handling and excellent performance.A delightful aeroplane to fly and then some.
I still prefer the Cheyenne III over the B200 apart from the visibility factor which is still very restrictive but it makes up for it in handling and performance.
Very sad that these 6 people have lost there lives and having met i believe the pilot on several occasions it only adds to the impact.

Another sad day.

Ramjager