PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Debenair Aviation Florida
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2004, 03:27
cfimei

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And what business is it of a foreign student ostensibly on an M-1 visa acting as the spokesman for a US corporation, then having the blind temerity to tell another US corporation to mind it's own business? Astonishing bravado but unwise given your legal status in this country as a student and ONLY a student. Stick to studying aviation LDMax not immigration law but as you are so interested I suggest you read 8 CFR 214.4(a)(xv) (Chapter 8 Code of Federal Regulations) which is entitled "Withdrawal of School Approval - Failure to maintain accreditation or licensing necessary to qualify graduates." It's black and white, not open to personal interpretation. However I will give you one credit. INS does have discretion but only within the law and the law states 30 days to supply the information required when notification of intent to withdraw school approval is received.

To say that 9/11 has nothing to do with the situation displays a deeply flawed understanding of immigration events following the tragedy. Certain politicians are itching to slap down flight schools and impose further restrictions. The Member of Congress for Brevard County tabled legislation imposing a moratorium on student visa's. The Florida legislature considered a licensing scheme for pilots. A tidal wave of anti-flight school rhetoric that could so easily have decimated our industry. So LDMax you should thank those of us in this industry who worked hard to keep the doors open to foreign students such as yourself. And despite your misplaced and naive derision of our efforts, many of us are determined not to give ammunition to those who want more control over flight schools. Debenair, OBA, Voyager, NAC - all of us in this industry have a responsibility to keep legislators eyes away from flight training.

I note the other comments you made but see no need to respond on this forum.

Suffice to say that I expect the law to be applied evenly no matter what you, as a temporary student in this country happens to believe.

Last edited by cfimei; 28th Jul 2004 at 05:39.