PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in the Persian/Arabian Gulf
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2004, 22:44
Mikeb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RDRickster.. Like many people I think you have formed your opinion of Dubai and the UAE based on the constant garbage broadcast on your wonderfully impartial TV news stations.

I live both in Dubai and the UK and am in the process of moving to Dubai full time with my family. From my personal experience I feel Dubai is the safest places I have ever visited. Crime is not an issue, drugs and violence do not seem to exist. The people are friendly and generally helpful. I can leave my car unlocked with my mobile phone on the seat while I go into a shopping centre without the worry of it being stolen. Tell me if there is anywhere in the US that you can do that? I have been to New York and there is just no comparison, Dubai is so much safer.

When we announced to our friends and family that we were moving out to Dubai, the ignorant people said "Oh don't they make the women wear head scarves and walk three paces behind the men!" The people who have been there or had done any research said "I wish we were coming with you"

Why do people love bashing the Middle East? Maybe they are just looking to blame some other part of the world for the problems in there own country?

As for working in Dubai, if I had an ATPL/CPL and the relevant qualifications I would love to...