PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC McAlpine/easyJet/JMC Sponsorship Selection
Old 27th Jul 2004, 20:39
big_g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't see how we go into the same holding pool as the ATP scheme as we have bonds that need repayed. This is a bit worrying.
In terms of bond repayment i vaguely remember the guys at ctc saying that there is a 2 year period where bond repayments can be paused whilst waiting to be placed, obviously they will start once the pilot has been placed.

Sorry to be a bit blunt here but it sounds like the holding pool basically means they haven't got a job for you!! I think this is my primary worry of the ctc scheme, not getting tagged to an airline. I assume the ATP scheme is still running and placing pilots, but the pool of trained pilots ctc have waiting to be placed (ie both atp and cadetship) will expand quite rapidly with 30-40 cadet pilots coming into it as well each year (assuming ezy and tc recruit 36 and 6 pilots a year respectively), therefore the question you've got to ask is will the current demand for ctc pilots be enough for both the atp and the cadet schemes?? I really hope so. Unfortunately the ctc cadet scheme hasn't been running long enough to see what happens to pilots who are put into the holding pool, it will be interesting to see how it works out. But in the mean time the unplaced pilots will be having to put their trust in ctc......

Do excuse me for being quite negative, it's just £60k is a lot to have hanging over your head and before i sign the dotted line i want to make sure the risks of things going pete tong are minimized.

cheers,

g.