PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MyTravel Redundancies
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2004, 19:29
Pilot Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the MYT situation is worse in comparison and compulsory redundancies will be necessary given the numbers involved unfortunately.
I would say that I reckon (as the market for pilot employment is so different today than it was post 9/11) that more pilots under threat will look and find employment elsewhere compared to the number who did at jmc. As for how many take up the various options that the CC manage to negotiate, well it depends a lot on the age demograph within MYT. I am not familiar with it, but at jmc there weren't that many pilots in the 'early retirement bracket', therefore there weren't a great deal of takers. Again, it also depends on what package can be negotiated and how attractive it is, but I still think that if it's anything like the jmc one and if there are a few more in the bracket to find it attractive, then compulsory redundancies may be avoided. I am sure more will leave of their own accord to pastures new before the date arrives; that to me will be the biggest factor in avoiding compulsory redundancies.

The whole issue is not pleasant though and even though I left jmc before being pushed I still felt like I had been made redundant.........

I wish you all well.

PP