PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Next logical step?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2004, 12:34
BeauMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, having passed my Skills Test a couple of months ago, and with ambitions to take the same long term route as S&L, I'll be watching this thread develop with interest...

For what it's worth, I'm trying to add as much diversity to my 'bag of experience' as I can; since getting the little brown book I've become checked out on a different aeroplane, and this weekend I'm off to learn how to fly taildraggers (which incidentally, works out cheaper per hour than the normal PPL solo hire rate I pay at the club, AND gives me a new rating to boot!). Next year I plan to do the IMC, possibly aerobatics, possibly get onto a Cub or Chipmunk group...

The point I'm trying to make is that I'm trying hard to make sure that I continue learning. The one thing I decided NOT to do this time round, was get my PPL and then become Mr Chug-around-aimlessly. I did that first time round in 94, and ended up with a lapsed licence and a lack of enthusiasm for it all. Variety is, as they say, the spice of life, so why not add some to your flying life?