PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC McAlpine/easyJet/JMC Sponsorship Selection
Old 27th Jul 2004, 10:00
rtj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fred

You do make fair comments, I know CTC take the financial burden while you are training but that gets passed to the airlines, as I say, at the start of your employment.

The civil service may pay more but the financial outlay for them is less they are funded in a completely different way (don't get me onto politics!) and I would imagine the financial rewards over time are better in the airline industry even with TC.

I too would rather get a job at the end of my training with an airline that pays more and if I have that choice I will be even more lucky than I already consider myself to be.

At the end of the day we all want to fly for a living and get paid as much as possible (who doesn't!) but I'm still not sure we should be complaining about an opportunity we have all dreamed of for so long just because it doesn't pay as much to begin with.

So fair comments and I think we will have to agree to disagree!!

Cheers

Rob

PS. Are you out in NZ, waiting to go, what. I am waiting to have my medical done. Can't wait to get out there!