PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC McAlpine/easyJet/JMC Sponsorship Selection
Old 27th Jul 2004, 09:45
Fred4000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joe - read my post again. I didn't say isnt that what airlines are looking for I said isnt that what they are taking advantage of. Which it is - fact.

rtj,

CTC take on the immediate financial burden. This is what attracts airlines to the scheme. They do not fork out £100k up front.

A lot fo the cost of training comes out of our salary. In fact most of it does. I wouldn't expect anything less. The major attraction of this scheme for me is not that Im getting free training. It is that Im getting high quality training, lots more multi engine hours and brilliant instruction from CTC and Bristol. The scheme also offers an excellent relationship with airlines and a fast track to the rhs. Also it gets me over the barrier of having to find 60k right now. But by all means we pay it back, but we do it in a better way over 7 years reduction in our salary.

I still think the thomas cook deal is quite poor. Thats my opinion and Im sure most of you will disagree, but thats fair enough. But I do agree, Im not in this all for money, but you get more in the civil service starting than you do with TC.