PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MyTravel Redundancies
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2004, 22:06
El Desperado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suspect the Boeing fleet will be gone a long time before the proposed cut-off date. Who, in their right mind, is going to hang around now and wait for a possible lifeline from a company that has made catastrophic managerial errors (that'll be 2 million quid please for my handshake), passed the buck onto the employees (just save 100Kgs of fuel per flight, team, and everything will be ok), screwed the flight crew into the ground with FTL changes (if you accept these, we can get through this, people) and then finally pulled the plug on a fleet that could make a profit if only the company knew how much to charge for a holiday ?

(Sorry guys - we made a £9 loss on every seat this year because we didn't know how much to charge for a holiday. Well, bugger me... they may as well have given us the aircraft to go for a jolly, empty, and we'd have lost less cash).

The Boeing guys will be long, long gone before 12 months have passed. Kudos to the company for being honest in advance, but try crewing 3 767s with 4 pilots, 'cos that's all they're going to have.

Great bunch of people to have worked with. I'm just sorry that inept management (and it wasn't market conditions) that screwed it up.

See you all in Virgin