PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2004, 19:08
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 425 Likes on 224 Posts
Walter,

I'm sorry if I offended you; you have obviously put a lot of thought into this. Unfortunately I am not in a position to help you find more evidence. I'm not being obstructive but I'm afraid that my direct contact with the service ended quite some time ago.

I can't help you regarding the existence of a portable DME or any other nav equipment. All I can tell you is that I never heard of portable beacons being used at that time, although I was in theatre not long before the accident. It would not be "less effort to help clear this up" as you seem to think - how would you suggest I help clear this up?

With regard to the Boeing simulation, it was ONLY a simulation and I don't see how it could be held conclusive, despite the Air Marshall's attempts to do so to reinforce their own case.

I don't understand your reference to my "spin" about a conspiracy theory about US Navy Seals, please explain what you mean by that. I have seen no evidence about this subject and I certainly don't subscribe to the fact that this subject might be in any way relevant to the accident.

I don't have any "spin" to give. I just maintain that it was very wrong to attach blame to two dead pilots without the proper and conclusive proof that this normally required. I find it very strange that MOD will not reconsider their stance, but recently less so in light of other decisions made in more recent times.

BTW, I found your cut and paste very hard going and irritating to read.