PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair faces inquiry as toilets on aircraft were used as seats
Old 26th Jul 2004, 14:05
Tan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really tried to stay away from this thread as the event has been blown out of proportion. The carrying of extra non-revenue employees on seats or standing has gone on for as long as I can remember and will continue to do so in many parts of the world for years to come, might I add without incident. Although I don’t condone it I’m aware it does go on so give it a rest.

From a safety point of view the “can” is probably safer because of the confined space in an accident then rows of seats that can depart from their railings. Having standing passengers is a different thing and not really a good idea although I have seen it happen.

I’m not going to condemn the Captain for his decision as I wasn’t there so I don’t know what happened. However even though I have no axe’s to grind with Ryanair I find their actions in the firing of the Captain and his crew the sign of a spineless management. But I’ve grown to expect nothing less from the new aviation entrepreneurs whose only interest in aviation is the bottom line.

Cheers..