PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2004, 18:31
Charlie Zulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Mazzy,

The reason why you may not have flown whilst other people were out enjoying themselves with the aeroplanes was probably because you are on your first few lessons.

It is extremely important that you have excellent weather including a distinct horizon so you have something out of the window to base all of your maneouvers around.

Straight and Level requires an nose attitude against the horizon, Turns require an attitude against a horizon etc...

It won't be until later on that you will start to fly with a non-distinct horizon.

During our summer days over here in the UK we do have some nice weather, including some nice spouts of high pressure systems but usually that means haze or an temperature inversion giving no horizon available.

Personally I believe your previous school may have had your best interests at heart and plenty of other schools would probably have taken you flying with undesirable weather. However I am not implying that is why you changed schools, please forgive me if you think I'm saying that.

I'm not sure what the weather was like up in the Liverpool area on Saturday so I may be totally mistaken.

All the best for the course!

Best wishes,

Charlie Zulu.