PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates... or not?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2004, 16:19
Reverend Doctor Doug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Freespeed

As you can see there is varied opinion on the merits of joining EK. It does depend largely on where you are now and how you see your future.

One thing is for sure, the opinions you read here are often at either end of the spectrum. I would caution you on BYMONEK's post. I freely accept that it is his opinion and he is entitled to it.
I can assure you it is an opinion that is at one end of the spectrum.

I don't have the time to debate each point he raises. Some are fair enough some are biased and exagerated. I will quote you one example

Can book buisness class for you/family and first class if you're Captain
Fact: As an F/O you can only access business class on an upgrade basis if space is available. If you are travelling with children under 16 you are not entitled to business fullstop. The same goes for business/first for captains.

That is one "fact" that BYMONEK has misrepresented. There are others in his post and many other points that can be argued at length.

BYMONEK is definitely a glass is half full guy, which i admire him for. Unless you are the same type of person, then don't rely too heavily on his opinion.

As a general rule, I dont think you will see many posts from people who have been here more than a few years that share BYMONEK's optimisim.

From where i sit i see that the aviation industry worldwide is in a downward spiral as far as conditions for pilots go. I think that EK is probably one of the best expat jobs around at present.

If you desperately want to be an expat, then EK is probably a good choice. On the other hand, if you are just desperate to leave your current job, are you prepared to become an expat in the Middle East and accept the burdens that come with it?

Cop U Later

The Rev