PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew life. still worth it? salary & benefits ; career progression?
Old 25th Jul 2004, 12:55
homesick rae
Aluminum Tubing Inspector
Aluminum Tubing Inspector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having been crew for 20 years, the lifestyle at EK was the best and the package was great. However, good old Air UK Ltd, all those years ago certainly provided me with a good fun company to work for with little or no hassle. The Management-Crew relationship was excellent and motivated the crew for sure. The pay was nothing special but the atmosphere created through the ranks made up for it.

These days, and not being single, I personally believe my crew background and varied experience during that part of my career has assisted me in obtaining my current position...both my wife and I miss the flying days, she does something entirely different, but I am still in the industry at a more senior level...

I look at cabin crew with pride and admiration, knowing what they go through that some pax know nothing about. It is career not for the feint hearted for sure. Sometimes I feel that certain airline companies could do more to reward the crew for their efforts...Some do, others don't, but the fact remains, whether it is worth it or not, this is a unique lifestyle and once you're in it is hard to get out!