PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Journalist takes “8 inch” knife aboard BA flight
Old 25th Jul 2004, 12:28
cargo boy
I've only made a few posts so I don't feel the need to order a Personal Title and help support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

So the question is raised - why hasn't he been arrested, charged, tried and possibly convicted? If not by the police, then privately by the airline or airport - you can, in this country, bring a private criminal prosecution.
The naivety of some posters on here beggars belief!If you're going to take part in a grown up discussion then at least lets get rid of the playground 'lawyers'.

So, why don't you take out a private prosecution 2close if you're so distraught about it? Better to not put into print something that makes you appear foolish as it has a habit of proving to everyone else that you really are!

Are you going to prosecute everyone who manages to slip through 'security' with anything that can be used as a weapon? How about a steel ball-point pen? Maybe you should arrest every off-duty pilot who goes through with sharp, pointy wings attached to their jackets?

This is the 'professional pilots' rumour network... so why are so many hysterical hangers-on chipping in with their unenlightened drivel? I'm off to start my own website where the posters at least have to pass an IQ test and show some basic understanding of aviation.