PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates... or not?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2004, 15:20
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The thing most people on here are saying is the UAE is different than their home country (in my case OZ). I wouldn't stay here for 10 or 15 years, but with two young kids getting their education paid for, and living in a largely crime free country and the chance to see a culture close up they would never get the chance to back home, I think the kids and I are benefitting from the experience.

As all the guys have said, either on the positive or the negative, the UAE is a personal choice, and will not suit everyone. My advice if you know anyone living out here, make the smart investment of at least a week or two out here, just living the life and see what you think. I personally love it. The beer is cold and the weather is fantastic (even the summer is sort of ok once you get used to it.)

And just finally to the guy who commented about not wanting to fly for ettihad due to the need to live in Abu Dhabi. I agree that if you live in Dubai it's hard to justify a visit to AUH, but most people living here who have sampled both cities, swear by the fact that AUH is a more family friendly city, and a more liveable city in general. Traffic jams are non-existent, the schools are easy to get into, cheaper, and from most reports of a more consistantly higher standard than Dubai's, there is still heaps of great restaurants, the nightlife is ok, and the "Club" is a cheap and well appointed club. So Abu Dhabi , while maybe not as wild or exciting as Dubai, is still not a bad place to live.