PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legal action against Naunton Pugh t/a Cape Flying services(Europe)
Old 24th Jul 2004, 06:47
Stephen Stark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was in Gerald's office this morning and PPRUNE was discussed, on asking what Cape Flying Services is going to do about it, his response was "nothing, if a person takes the time to read the whole thing, it should quickly become clear what went down and what Sandy Young is all about...its getting old and people are tired of his nagging".

You ask why Gerald Todd hasn't responded, I believe he already has, and if you read his post, and all of Mr. Young's you might conclude that this whole thing is nonsense. I spent just over a year at Cape Flying Services, doing my PPL/CPL/TWIN/IFR and Instructors ratings, loved every minute of it. Today I work for Cape Flying Services and know exactly what they promise and don't. Cape Flying Services advertise a Private Pilots Course saying that it can be done in three weeks however suggesting a forth and even then there is no guarantee that you will meet the required standard. Here is a copy of a paragraph signed by both Mr. Young and Lee Gearing taken directly from the Terms and Conditions form:

" Understands that every effort will be made to complete training on time, but Cape Flying Services George CC will not be held responsible for circumstance causing delays beyond their control."

Mr Young says he paid for 45 hours and only got 33, fails to acknowledge that dual time costs more than solo, and that 5 of the hours were on a simulator. Besides this, I know for a fact that Cape Flying Services South Africa paid him back everything he wanted refunded, except for the non refundable deposit of 350 pounds paid to Naunton Pugh.

I do however find it interesting that both Mr Young and Mr Gearing wanted to return to Cape Flying Services. The fact that Mr Gearing was told to take his 3000 pounds and spend them elsewhere, peeved him off, as for Mr Young, well.... You have to be joking right?

I doubt we will hear from CFI-CFS on this site again, and Gerald didn't remove his post, the moderator did. It addressed a statement made by Mr Young regarding certain personal accusations. On this site its fine to accuse a company of wrongdoing, but don't dare have it the other way round,
you might note that your post was also adjusted.