PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas staff travel...the good, the bad, and the donwright ridiculous
Old 24th Jul 2004, 02:30
TheNightOwl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The memories will stay fresh, puff, they are there for all time. I look back with great fondness in recalling the look of impotent frustration on the face of the CSO when I informed her of the Skipper's decision by radio, it was priceless. In fairness, she was in the minority, I always found that quiet acceptance of the decisions of the people making the decisions was enough to keep their respect and helpfulness, very rarely did I, or my family, have any trouble. Upgrades were the rule, rather than the exception some time back.

In regards to the "cockpit authirity", we at the Sim Centre were, until '89, issued with a Cockpit Authority card from Swanston Street, to be used on duty flights as required. Obviously, the skipper had final authority, exercised usually if it was a training flight. Then, out of the blue, the cards were withdrawn, as the Personal Secretary to someone-who-shall-be-nameless decided they would no longer exist! Power corrupts!!

Kind regards,

TheNightOwl.