PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair faces inquiry as toilets on aircraft were used as seats
Old 23rd Jul 2004, 19:56
Ranger One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NigelOnDraft:

And were these "extras" on the loadsheet? Or was that deliberately signed in error as well?
Excellent question. It was a stupid idea for a supposedly first-world airline in the first place, but playing fast & loose with paperwork in that way is the kind of thing that could cost an airline their *license* these days.

An equally good question: where was the FO when all this was happening? And where is s/he now?

Assuming the regulators aren't in MOLs pocket, I think it's fair to say that FR will probably, at the very least, be under considerable scrutiny for some time. If I were there I'd be p*ssed with the idiots who pulled this stunt.

oscarh:

Does anybody know what, if any, action has been taken against the lavatory seat passengers?
If I understand correctly, they were asked to resign. They refused, and were summarily dismissed for gross misconduct.

I'm no fan of MOL, but perfectly correct in the reported circumstances IMHO.

Unless of course it emerges that overloading with deadheading staff in this fashion was unwritten company policy, to 'get the job done', in which case all hell will be out for noon. But I don't believe MOL would be that stupid.

R1