PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair faces inquiry as toilets on aircraft were used as seats
Old 23rd Jul 2004, 16:43
oscarh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anybody know what, if any, action has been taken against the lavatory seat passengers?

In my opinion, they too are culpable because they must have been aware of their own responsibility in accepting the offered accomodation.

Offered by whom, I would also ask?

Was the captain offered a fait accompli, just as he was getting his slot, or as the aircraft was ready to go? Was there baggage in the hold which would need retrieving?

All sorts of pressures may have been put on the skipper which could have persuaded him to take the easy option to get the aircraft out on time, particularly with FR and its reputation for company pressure to operate on time. Perhaps this occurence is indeed a result of that insiduous pressure.

If any of these, then, WRONG DECISION, but he would not be the first person to have made a mistake out of expediency.

I know this is no excuse but there is always more to these things than is at first apparent, in which case, some of the more pompous posters in this thread should perhaps take a deep breath.

Once again I say that there is really no excuse but retraining and a severe warning may have been a more apt response and it wouldn't happen again with these personnel. Sure, in the extreme, this stupid action COULD have had more serious consequences. Happily, it didn't.