PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air - desperation & woes continue
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2004, 15:59
Xeque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You see!

We all found our own and were paid an allowance in lieu of company housing.
His accommodation was paid for.

As for Bahraini's being untouchable - not true!.

I first moved to the Gulf in 1976, living and working in Saudi Arabia. It was said then that you could never sack a Saudi but you could. The labour law was very specific in the proceedure to be followed and provided you did follow it and the case was just, the Saudi got sacked.

It is very similar in Bahrain (I was last there from 1990 to 2002). If you have a just case and you follow the rules laid down by the Labour Court, you can sack a Bahraini.

Now, this Senior Flight Attendant (whoever he was) had 22 years service with Gulf Air. How many years (months) did the Captain have? I think one has to cut the S F/A some slack and (perhaps) give him an opportunity to speak for himself on this forum. I'm sure there are plenty of Pruners out there who could give him access.

Something upset him that day. What was it?

The whole 'untouchable' thing sounds ridiculous. I have this vision of sitting in the left hand seat of my Bo-bus, final to 30 BAH and arriving at the item on the check list that says "Call the Senior F/A and ask permission to land"

Come on people. Get real. You are either PIC or your not.

The Bahraini's are a proud people who do not take kindly to being rubbished by expats but sadly that happens all the time particularly by recent arrivals. The Arab way of doing things differs from the Western/European way and must be taken into account by expats who wish to live and work there in harmony with their hosts.

Last edited by Xeque; 23rd Jul 2004 at 16:52.