PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B-52 bombs Blackbushe
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2004, 15:55
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
Scene...Two British LAE's, brothers, one American Pilot, all home from Iran bush operations...locked inside a pub in Oxford on a Sunday afternoon between hours. Also present...a leathery looking older man quietly sipping a pint....and two young loud obiviously intoxicated USAF airmen.

The two youngsters playing the Ugly American role to the hilt...dripping on about the Teabags this...the Teabags that...couldn't fight a war without the Americans...you get my drift here.

I suggested to my drinking buddies that I needed to step over and counsel the two airmen about their manners....but was asked to desist because they did not want any trouble to start which was quite possible seeing the situation and knowing me (I have never been known to be very diplomatic I guess!)

As it turned out...the old feller...gets up from the bar stool...pint in hand...walks over to the airmen...and very politely says..."Won World War II did you laddies? We blew the bugle in "39 and you c--ts did not show up until '42! What took ya so long?"

Standing ovation was given by all...all I repeat....best put down I have ever seen.