PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair faces inquiry as toilets on aircraft were used as seats
Old 23rd Jul 2004, 15:05
cargo boy
I've only made a few posts so I don't feel the need to order a Personal Title and help support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Jeez, some people just don't know when to shut up! AVIACO, will you give us all a break from your outrage and pretentious pontificating on what might have happened if there had been an emergency that may have involved an evacuation in thick smoke with no emergency lighting or whatever!

Yes, the Captain was wrong to allow the use of the lavatory as an extra seat for some people on staff travel. He did the honourable thing and resigned. Two of the cabin crew tried to shrug off their own responsibility and were fired instead. The use of lavatory seats for passengers is wrong. I don't know how dangerous it is but it isn't safe. A bit of a difference there. If cabin crew gave the captain a "cabin secure" message, both before tako-off and before landing then they broke the rules.

Now, give us a break on your hand wringing and knicker wetting outrage. Thiws one had nothing to do with O'Leary or Ryanair policy. It was a bad decision by the captain and his crew and the people who agreed to use the lavs. If they were staff then they should have known better. But please... can we stop this Ryanair and O'Leary bashing just for the sake of it.

In over 10 years of airline flying I have never seen anyone use a loo to stow pax in. It may have been common many years ago but here in the modern world we have moved on and try to be as professional as possible. This captain showed a lapse in his professionalism and has paid the price. He hasn't held a baby by its leg over a balcony, he hasn't mugged an old woman, he hasn't tried to fly under the influence of alcohol or drugs. He tried to help out some stranded fellow co-workers and has paid the price for making a very bad decision. Now AVIACO, give us all a break and go wash your knickers!