PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legal action against Naunton Pugh t/a Cape Flying services(Europe)
Old 23rd Jul 2004, 11:15
NauntonPugh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets get one thing straight. No-one enticed Mr Young to do anything. He is over 40 years old and made his own decision to try for the PPL in three weeks.

I told him that, if he wanted to do the course in three weeks, he would need to go to SA armed with a good working knowledge of the theory and he said he would do so.

I also told him that it would be better if he could find four weeks, but he said he could not.

I also told him that, in seven years of representing CFS in the UK & Europe, I had sent two students out to do the course in three weeks, and they both passed - one a lady who was given the course as her 50th birthday present.

So it can be done - if you work at the theory beforehand and are a good enough student pilot when doing the training.

CFS warned Mr Young after about 15 hours instructor training that, to gain the PPL, he was going to need more than the mandatory 45 hours minimum flying. As I've said before, he took over 32 hours hours before CFS would let him go solo. In the seven years I've worked with CFS I have never known a student I've sent out to take longer than 18.5 hours to go solo - and that was a student aged 67!!

I have yet to hear from the court re the outcome of my application to have the judgment set aside or revoked. When I do, whichever way the court decides, I'll post a factual note here.

Thank you for your time in reading this,
Naunton Pugh
Looking after CFS in the UK & in Europe.