PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mustering
Thread: Mustering
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2004, 07:12
birdkiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did my low level endorsement at FTA (Brisbane) with Brian Westin - who has trained many stanbroke pilots. I suggest that you get your low level endorsement with someone who has experience mustering rather than crop dusting because they will be able to give you some really good tips about stock rather than just scare the crap out of you

Look for a job at any time of year. A 'holiday job' is a good way to get a look in where you are filling in for the pilot while he is away for christmas holidays. You are then in a very good position when the pilot then decides that he has had a gutful and is not going to drag his sorry arse out there for another season.

Finally, be prepared for a lot of hard work, idiotic comments from the manager's wife, and strange looks when you mention that your name really isn't 'pilot' or 'useless pilot'... the upside is that the flying is the best flying you'll ever do

good luck with it!

bk

steamchicken - with a sense of humour like that you must have spent some time in the channel country (Bulloo perhaps?)