PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air - desperation & woes continue
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2004, 21:45
TCASTED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xeque:

I read your post and I am saddened by your comments. You seem to base your airline choice on the quality of your G & T’s.

You are quite correct, this is an aircrew forum.
The “blubbering” to which you refer, is posted in order that individuals in our industry may be informed, are able to make the best decisions on career moves that will not only affect their own lives, but in many cases the lives of their families. It is also and an exchange of ideas and comments. I may not always agree with some of the "blubbering" but I am grateful for the participation.

You wouldn’t want the “blubbering” to stop and have your pilot be ignorant of the current events within the airline industry would you?

“His problem not mine, so long as I get to my destination on time” is not the kind of comment I would have expected from an ex-Merchant Navy Officer.

You state that "the Captain's word is law." This is NOT so at Gulf Air. Their were no other factors involved regarding the termination of the Captain in question.

At Gulf Air the Captain of the aircraft may make his decisions, in part, based on the Purser's standing within the airline and the effect that Purser may have on the Captain's career. Not all Captain's are Captain's in the true sense of the word. Some of them are frightened to say anything rather than risk offending the standing of a local employee.

Remember, the Flight Seniors or pursers at Gulf Air are known as "The Untouchables."

As an ex-Merchant Navy Officer, I am astonished that you would support such an airline.

Enjoy your G & T's.