PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Job cuts AGAIN
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2004, 20:39
JessTheDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QUOTE]I think you'd have difficulty trying to prove that 'correspondence' published on a public internet forum was ever meant to be considered private by its author. You're fair game.[/QUOTE]

Not the point, what I put on this website using my pseudonym is my business!!! Now if I used my name and rank, that is slightly different and I would be identifying myself and perhaps setting myself up.

However, any attempt to link me (the person) with me (the pseudonym) would encroach on my (the person's) right to privacy. But if I attached my (the person's) name to these posts then that is slightly different and I may well be setting myself up in this case.

Do you see what I mean?? If "they" could "do" people advertising their service connections on "swinger" websites (and sometimes appearing in the buff - note, that's not the buff hoon!) they would. But "they" can't, or at least aren't. And I'm not one of those aforementioned, by the way and nor have I viewed any such sites! QRs are neither primary nor secondary statutory legislation (royal prerogative - that's why they are changed so easily), so any claimed derogation from HRA 98 quoting QRs is not worth the paper it is printed on as the aforementioned legislation is required....although it would take a lot of hassle and disproportionate effort to win! I believe the war/crisis opt out stuff is built in to HRA 98 in any case so that doesn't count!

Sorry to be a bore...more slagging off the cuts, please!!

MAke some cuts here.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3918669.stm

A total of £5.3m of taxpayers money was spent on the government\'s spin doctors and ministerial advisers last year.
Tony Blair said that there were 83 paid special advisers across Whitehall some of whom were politically appointees working for ministers.

Downing Street has the most with 28 working for the prime minister.

Chancellor Gordon Brown had four special advisers and five members of the Treasury\'s council of economic advisers are employed on similar terms.

Written reply

The prime minister\'s team had two members in the top pay bracket of £92,213 to £133,628 - most likely to be government relations head Sally Morgan and Downing Street chief of staff Jonathan Powell.

Other Downing Street advisers included experts on economics, health, transport, education, home affairs and Europe.

The £5.3m for 2003/4 included salaries, severance pay and estimated pensions costs.

Mr Blair revealed the information in a House of Commons written answer.