PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Farnborough Report
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2004, 19:07
magbreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rich,

Thanks to you, Todd and Mike for taking the time to show us over the Apache on Wednesday morning. Awesome beast is an understatement!! The coffee was very good as well!

I have the Apache display on video. If Rich has no objecions I'll put it on my web server for downloading once I've edited it. This is apparently the "tame" show. Still involves moves with a fully articulated head that I didn't think should be possible

The main show was much quieter than previous years. Helicopter manufactuers appeared not to give a rats about the UK market. 1 AB139, A109 Power Elite, the new Grande, Super Lynx and a couple of EH101's was the static show. Flying 1 x Apache. I did see the Chinnok Display which was very good. The 139 was doing demo flights on the Wednesday.

From the Jet side the F16 gave a good display and the B52 found Farnborough twice (found a hospital and Blackbushe the second day!!). Not sure if it is worth the cost of flying the B52 and B1 across from the states each day for one or max two passes along the runway at 1000 ft. Typhoon looked impressive and was VERY noisey. Glad I kept to 1500 ft to keep the noise down on approach!!!!

One question to the organisers we have to route to specific points on the ground to route in and out,. Why not include the GPS position of each point... just a thought as 90% of the aircraft have GPS nav now.