PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air - desperation & woes continue
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2004, 17:46
Xeque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a fairly regular pax on GF. My last flight was BKK/LHR via BAH and return last Christmas and I shall be repeating the experience again next month.

I really don't give a rats about prima donna Bahraini Pursers or what the Flight Deck chaps receive in remuneration. If I am concerned about anything it is that the aircraft is servicable, well maintained and operated in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations.

My attitude (as an ex Merchant Navy Officer) is that the Captain's word is law during the period that the aircraft is in the air. That's an international thing - nothing at all to do with the mind set and attitudes of staff who are employed locally.

If the American Captain was (as described) so summarily dismissed then I have to assume that there were other factors involved. As a passenger my attitude is "his problem not mine" so long as I get to my destination on time and without suffering with DVT.

Provided the Cabin Crew supply me with a couple of timely GT's and a passable meal I can stomach the experience for as long as it takes to get to the first stop (BAH) where I disembark, go and stay with friends for the night and then refreshed, showered and with a change of keks, I get on board another A343 for the next leg.

I know that this is an aircrew forum but please, all of you, stop blubbering about your individual working relationships with your employers.

You chose the airline to work for. If it sucks as an employer then leave and go somewhere else. If what I read in the aviation press is true, there are hundreds of jobs up for grabs all over the world.

Go apply. If you are any good they'll snap you up.

Last edited by Xeque; 22nd Jul 2004 at 17:57.